VOLUNTEER and MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN LIVES
Volunteer and provide children and adults in the Ajoung Community of South Sudan hope for a better future.
2011 Christmas week celebrations in the Church, Paliua Village, South Sudan
WAYS YOU CAN VOLUNTEER
Help us build the Ajoung Library Education Center
Ajoung Library Edcuation Center will serve all 5 Primary Schools in the Ajoung Community, Twic East County, Jonglei State. As a full functioning two-story Library for both school children and adults, the building will also serve as an Educational Center equipped with a computer room, educational DVD's, a wall projector, an arts and crafts room, and school supply resource center. Currently, the students have no school supplies, books, and sit on a dirt floor in the school classrooms. The teachers use a blackboard and chalk to instruct. The Library Education Center will serve all the schools of the community providing supplies and educational opportunities.
- Make a donation to Mary's Project Mission HOPE South Sudan
- Get involved in fundraising for your school project, church stewardship, community groups, charitable or civic organization
- Host a fundraising event with family and friends in your home
- Invite the Mission HOPE South Sudan Team (Lost Boys will be part of the presentation) to speak in your school, church, charitable or civic organization
Volunteer your time and talent
Our Mission HOPE South Sudan Volunteer Team is made up of dedicated volunteers from all walks of life. From elementary, jr. high, high school and college students, to parents, business owners, clergy, Lost Boys of South Sudan, corporations, financial professionals, educators, not-for-profit executives, media professionals, law enforcement, and many others who have reached out and want to help. Together, with committed compassion about the Sudanese people and the new Republic of South Sudan, we make possible this very important development library project needed for the rebuilding of the educational infrastructure in the villages.
There is much work to be done! Decades of civil war has paid a devastating toll on the people of South Sudan. Over 2 million lives were lost in this 20 plus year conflict between North and South. Whole communities have been destroyed, and families displaced. Those who were able to escape fled to refugee camps in Kenya, Uganda, Egypt, and Northern Sudan, where many still live. Some, such as the Lost Boys, were resettled, while others were able to relocate to America, Canada, Australia, and Europe. For the families and people who stayed in their South Sudan homeland, there remains a whole generation of uneducated and undereducated communities. To read more on the plight of the Lost Boys: Meet our South Sudan Project Manager - Read Full Profile
We are always looking for new volunteers to help in many areas.
- Volunteer your time and talent through local fundraising by educating others
- Share what you've learned about South Sudan with family, friends, at school, church, and community groups
- Get involved and help raise awareness - plan an event, write letters, contact others
- Help with material donations for the library - computers, laptops, school supplies, books
- Share your time in the Mission Outreach Office with many administrative tasks needed
Interested in Volunteering?
- e-mail our volunteer coordinator:
- Call Mary's Project Mission Office: (605) 271-8954
- To sign up or request more information: